One of the greatest antivirus software solutions is Bitdefender. It consistently receives nearly perfect ratings in independent lab testing, including our own, and comes with so many additional security capabilities that it’s hard to believe it’s just basic software. One of the fastest applications for preventing malware before it gets a chance to infect your computer and one that doesn’t slow down your system is Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2020. Here is more information about what we learned when evaluating Bitdefender and the security features it offers.
Bitdefender’s key advantages are protecting user privacy, preventing children from seeing unsuitable content, and providing internet data security. Here are some more specifics:
- Offers protection for all kinds of users: The Bitdefender platform is made up of several antivirus products that can provide protection for all device types and meet the varying needs of different user types. It can combat Trojans, worms, viruses, rootkits, zero-day adware, and other forms of adware.
- One account for multiple devices: With just one item, Bitdefender BOX 2 protects all of the user’s online-connected devices, whether they are at home or on the go. This means that since it can protect all of them at once, there will be no need to use individual accounts for each device.
- Protects Privacy: With Bitdefender Total Security 2018, you can effectively protect a wide range of devices running on practically any platform from ransomware and privacy invasion.
- Filters non-family-friendly content: Bitdefender Family Pack 2018 delivers more protection than Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and all of its features. Specific technologies enable people to provide their kids with safe access to the internet. It provides users with content restrictions and parental control tools and provides family-friendly material.
- Protects online data: By protecting users’ online data, Bitdefender Security 2018 addresses fraud and identity theft situations that are on the rise. It claims to have the best online security features, particularly for Windows PCs. It also includes a compact version called Anti-virus Plus 2018 that, despite being smaller, can nevertheless provide robust data security.
- Limited free VPN: There is a daily 200 mb cap on the free VPN. This is adequate for safely storing and banking, but not for streaming movies.
- Bitdefender for Mac has fewer features than its sibling for Windows.
Is Bitdefender Antivirus Software Good?
Yes, Bitdefender antivirus software is a quality product that performed well in our evaluations. Depending on the price point, Bitdefender offers a variety of online security features, some of which may overlap with those of the operating system already installed on your PC. These defenses consist of anti-phishing and anti-fraud security, anti-spam filters for incoming emails, Rescue Mode to reboot into a heavily infected computer for cleanup and restoration, and an anti-tracker feature that disables web trackers to keep browsing data private and load websites more quickly. A microphone monitor, webcam security, file encryption, vulnerability analysis, and other features have been added.
The organization’s anti-theft Attribute, which enhances normal Android and iOS safeguards, is also included in Bitdefender’s more expensive bundles. For instance, if a thief switches the SIM card in a stolen phone, Bitdefender sends you a text message with the new SIM card’s phone number at a different, trustworthy phone number. Only the top-tier Premium Security bundle from Bitdefender offers an endless VPN service.
Results from the AV-Test show that Bitdefender’s reputation is well-deserved. Bitdefender has continuously received the top score of 6.0 for the last few months. Regarding malware detection and 0-day malware attacks, it received a perfect score.
As if that weren’t remarkable enough, the average AV-Test protection score from January 2011 to February 2020 is a commendable 5.94 out of 6. It would be difficult to find a few antivirus programs that worked better.
In the most recent few months, Bitdefender received an average AV-Test rating of 5.5 out of 6.0. This outstanding result demonstrates that Bitdefender won’t slow down your device’s performance. And we’re surprised to see that the abundance of additional capabilities Bitdefender has incorporated over the years hasn’t interfered with how lightly it treats the various operating systems.
Bitdefender’s Plans And Pricing
A free version of Bitdefender’s product is among the several antivirus programs it offers. Additionally, Bitdefender provides a variety of business products that are appropriate for both small and large businesses (that I have not gone into in this review).
The premium plans for Bitdefender will also be available for a 30-day free trial.
I usually advise starting with the least expensive method.
In general, Bitdefender’s packages cost a little bit more than those provided by other companies like Norton and McAfee. But Bitdefender is renowned for offering big discounts.
Bitdefender’s Customer Support
I did have a few queries and minor problems with Bitdefender, but just a couple of those questions required assistance from a support representative. On the company’s website, there is a vast selection of articles, tips, and other information regarding the majority of the usual issues that customers face.
But when I did require assistance, I was relieved to discover that the business’s support staff was accessible via email, phone, and live chat.
Bitdefender Review: Bottom line
The Bitdefender antivirus lineup for 2020 is one of the most comprehensive we’ve seen, with features ranging from parental controls and network optimizers to ransomware protection, document shredder, and encryption. The protection provided by Bitdefender against internet dangers is fairly strong, and the program can quickly browse a hard drive without significantly slowing down the machine.
On the other hand, Bitdefender’s Faultless malware-detection prices fall short of those of Kaspersky or Norton. For those looking for midrange or premium antivirus suites, we recommend Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Total Security, respectively.
However, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus offers incredible pricing if you don’t want programs for other systems.