Are you in the direction to set up your own online store? For that, you should already have a website or need to buy one. However, having a business comes with a daunting task of choosing either a great plugin or platform. People are often confused about which one to go for so that their business grows speedily.
This article is all about the Shopify and Ecwid review. You will get to know the major differences between them. So, to know which one is better for the sake of your business, keep reading!
What are Ecwid and Shopify?
Whereas, Shopify is an eCommerce platform where you can create your personal online store. The platform is famous among online sellers as well as customers. It was established in 2006 and has sold around $82million till now.
These tools are poles apart from each other. Shopify is something which is best known as eCommerce builder in the market whereas Ecwid is simply just for the people who want a little bit of eCommerce flair to their website.
Shopify is accurate for small as well as large businesses and Ecwid is just right for small businesses.
Pros and Cons of Ecwid and Shopify
- Pros of Ecwid
- There is no need to start from the beginning. It simply converts your current website into an online store.
- It has multichannel selling. You can manage and sell in various stores.
- Ecwid is perfect for beginners. There is no requirement for coding knowledge and long hours to understand it.
- Ecwid pricing includes a free plan.
- Cons of Ecwid
- Limited design to choose from.
- Their free plan includes limited or basic tools.
- Pros of Shopify
- It has multi-channel integration that will allow you to sell easily.
- It has a good inventory system with managing tools.
- Its quality is excellent and offers sales features as well as customer satisfaction.
- Cons of Shopify
- It forces transaction fees which is a big disadvantage.
- There is no flexibility in switching the designs or themes later on.
- The trial period is of the limited time that is 14days.
Amazing features of Ecwid
- Easy to use
- Design flexibility
- Build time
- eCommerce tools as well as features
- app markets
- value for money
- customization options
All these features of Ecwid make it a complete package for you who is thinking to have their own online store. It cuts down the pressure of having coding knowledge and professional skills. Therefore, Ecwid features make itself the perfect choice for your business.
Difference between Ecwid and Shopify
In the world of ecommerce, both are known players. However, they are poles apart when it comes to features and role. Ecwid is basically an ecommerce plugin which can be added to a site to discover incredible ecommerce functions meant for the growth of small ecommerce stores and ventures. Whereas, Shopify gives you a whole experience of an ecommerce platform. If you want to create a ecommerce platform for your website, then you can get immense amount of help from Shopify.
But, Ecwid can be added as a plugin easily to any website. Some of the popular website builders and sites offer Ecwid plugins, including Wix, GoDaddy, WordPress, Site123, Squarespace, Weebly, and Strikingly.
To wind-up this Shopify and Ecwid review, they both are good at their own place. It is so because in the end it truly depends on you and your business needs.
However, after comparing a lot of between them, Ecwid is perfect for those who want just an eCommerce flair to their already existing website and Shopify is best for those wanting to set their own online store. Ecwid allows you to use it’s ecommerce functionalities right from adding it’s plugin to your website. Some of the popular websites already have Ecwid’s integration. Thus, Ecwid is a clear winner for being so user-friendly and helping you to start instantly without creating an ecommerce store.