What’s Constant Contact?
While Constant Contact is widely recognized as an excellent email marketing service, many people are unaware that they also offer a website builder complete with eCommerce features.
You might wonder how a tool primarily designed for email marketing could compete with other top website builders. To find out whether Constant Contact’s website builder lives up to its reputation, I signed up and put it to the test. In this comprehensive review, I’ll share my findings, including the platform’s pros and cons, and how it stacks up against other website builders.
Constant Contact Pros and Cons
- Great Deliverability, hence trusted – spam free.
- Very Simple to navigate.
- Facebook Ad integration is easy & simple.
- Plenty Of knowledge base.
- 1-month free trial.
- Suitable for corporate users.
- Autoresponder is Only available for Email Plus choice (Starting at $45 a month)
- Support Desks (phone and live chat) are not open 24/7.
- To close your account, you have to talk to them on the telephone.
- Email Support does not operate.
- Not the Cheapest.
Is Constant Contact a Good Choice?
There are several website builders to choose from on the market. Although many of them are similar, it is the differences that provide people with greater choices.
People would only select the least-priced option if all website builders were the same.
Constant Contact is not identical, which is a good thing, but it also means that it might not be appropriate for everyone.
Although I’ll go into more detail in my Constant Contact review, I’ll just say that if you’re looking for a tonne of customization choices and top-notch SEO tools, search elsewhere.
For newcomers (or experienced users) seeking a site that offers a quick remedy, Constant Contact is fantastic.
Constant Contact’s ADI is likely to be more than adequate if You don’t have the time or don’t want to sift through countless templates. But if you do want that option, you might want to think about one of its competitors.
How Much Does Constant Contact Cost?
Now let’s get down to business: how much does Constant Contact cost and does it offer excellent value?
Constant Touch offers three plans: the Free plan, the $10/month Starter program, and the $20/month Business Plus program (both billed annually).
As we already mentioned, the Free plan offers a good number of features. Everything we’ve talked about thus far is included without cost, which is undoubtedly noteworthy. However, the following are some aspects that the free application does not offer:
- You can’t link a customized domain name – instead, I would need to use the autogenerated’www.Hannah-s-pizza.constantcontact.com for this site, with no choice to edit
- Your site won’t be ad-free – your site will exhibit the (not-so-subtle) Constant Contact blue banner and sign up CTA at the base of your website
- You won’t get paid ad credit – into the value of $100 of Google ads and $100 of Bing ads. If you’re planning to run paid advertisements, a premium Program will quickly pay for itself
- You can only sell 3 products* – you can promote up to 10 products together with the Starter plan, and an infinite number with the Company Plus plan
- You won’t receive phone service – help and support will be through email or live conversation (if it is available in your country)
The absence of a personalized domain name and the presence of the website builder’s advertisements are typical downsides of free programs.
How Good is Constant Contact’s Support and Help?
Does Constant Contact live up to its reputation for support and assistance?
In addition to providing a knowledge center and phone and email support, Constant Contact also offers assistance. Unfortunately, live chat is not yet an option in the United States but is available in certain other nations, such as the UK.
- Knowledge Center
Constant Contact features a “knowledge base” that includes instructions for performing various tasks using the website builder.
Although the article’s substance is rather helpful and includes movies and images with annotations, the formatting isn’t very user-friendly. Finding what you need can be a little challenging due to the postings’ illogical grouping and small, difficult-to-view images. Additionally, there is no dialogue, which you would find on builders with a better reputation. Simply put, it’s a great start, but it falls short of the knowledge bases provided by website builders like Wix and Squarespace.
- Phone and email
Emails are answered by Constant Contact within 24 to 48 hours. Calls to its US-specific and international lines should be free of charge tolls. Customers on the free plan are not eligible for telephone support.
All of these assistance options are also available to you if you have a free account. However, Constant Contact does specify:
- Live chat (non-US)
When we encountered a problem with our unpleasant editing bug, we clicked the? button in the top right corner and chose the “Chat with an Internet Advisor” option. The live chat service is currently unavailable in the United States, but since we were already testing it out of London, we figured we might as well give it a go.
Constant Contact Review – Final Verdict
My particular happy surprise was how easy it was to explore Constant Contact. I would recommend CC to certain businesses looking to grow their customer base through email marketing, not only for usability but also—and perhaps more importantly—for credibility. The price range is not the lowest on the market, and it is not intended for people just starting an online business. However, it might be worthwhile to give it a shot if you’re searching for safeguarded email marketing expertise.
To sign up, click here!